My heart’s dark but it’s risin’ / I’m pullin’ all the faith I can see / From that black hole on the horizon / I hear your voice calling me …Familiar faces around me / Laughter fills the air / Your loving grace surrounds me / Everybody’s here …
bruce springstein – mary`s place
Summertime, and the living is easy / Fish are jumpin’ and the cotton is high … / One of these morning’s, you’re gonna rise up singing / You’re gonna spread your wings and take to the sky…
george gershwin – summertime
Here it is the groove slightly transformed / Just a bit of a break from the norm / Just a little somethin’ to break the monotony / Of all that hardcore dance that has gotten to be / A little bit out of control it’s cool to dance / But what about the groove that soothes that moves romance / Give me a soft subtle mix / And if ain’t broke then don’t try to fix it / And think of the summers of the past / Adjust the base and let the alpine blast / Pop in my cd and let me run a rhyme / And put your car on cruise and lay back cause this is summertime…
the fresh prince – summertime
there’s something about summer days. it’s a time for things to happen. dreams dreamt in winter waiting to be given birth. the days are long but before i know it, it will be august. i will return to classes then. folks have been asking what will i be doing with my time off. i have a month. well i’ve made some plans. here’s a list.
i will …
– return to the new york summer conference a.k.a hofstra and serve as a small group leader
– then shortly after, go to habitat for humanity
– continue some home improvement on my mom’s house (paint walls, install some lights)
— anybody wanna help?
– work on cmc2004 stuff. register now! the early bird is good to the end of the july.
– study poetry
– read literature from the meiji period
– try to brush up on hebrew
– watch some movies
– have many date nites with lauren
– clean out my basement and give away some clothes to charity
– remember what it is that i must do in life
– move forward on my knees